Thursday, December 1, 2011

Walking in a winter wonderland...or sliding on a newly dusted floor?

One cold, snowy night at Bluefield, there were three girls who were bored of homework and who were looking for a way to procrastinate...

"Where is this going?", you might ask. Well, it's going exactly where the title says it's going.

When I came back from Thanksgiving break on Sunday, I brought back a floor lamp for my dorm room. It was a little dirty so I wiped it down and dusted it on the hard floor. No harm done, right? Wrong!

Just before we went to bed, my roommate jumped off her bed right on the slippery spot our dusting spray had gotten sprayed on the floor. Of course, she slid. After seeing she was okay, we broke out into fits of laughter. My suite mate is all into fun and was also looking to procrastinate, so she joined us.

We picked up the rugs out of our floor, dusted the entire floor, and found the fluffiest of all our socks, and ice skated through our room. We slid, we laughed, we cried from laughter, and eventually we had a line of girls from our hall lined up outside of our door waiting for a turn to slide on our extremely slick floor.

"This is what happens when you can't really go anywhere, and you're tired of doing homework," I thought. It was hilarious to watch everyone slide into the room. No one got hurt, but it was quite entertaining. My roommate and I felt accomplished that we had brought people into our room to have fun, just by our own laughter. Some people didn't even slide, they just watched and laughed.

After about 30 minutes of our "figure skating", we all returned to our homework and put the rugs back down on the floor. Even though is sounds extremely cheesy, I'm extremely grateful that I attend a college where everyone knows everyone, and we all feel comfortable with asking the question: "Hey, I'm wearing fuzzy socks...can I slide on your floor?"

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to sit back and relax and listen to the wonderful music. sliding doors

    ReplyDelete